Sunday, 26 May 2013
Finally the sun is out!! Although in Scotland we never now for how long. Nevertheless, I am already in summer mode. I love long evenings and afternoons in the park having picnics. We did have a picnic a few weeks back with Elliott and he loved it. He was just so happy, that's all he talked about for the next week or so.
Now the sun is making an appearance I am starting to get my summer items out of my wardrobe. Last year I decided to invest in a few key items that I knew i would be able to team up with pretty much anything in my wardrobe. One of these items was a light denim jacket from Zara. I love it! Here's an example of y perfect summer outfit - cute dress, denim jacket and nude gladiator shoes. What's your perfect summer wardrobe?
Anthropologie (sold out) but this one is another cute one.
2. Denim Jacket - Zara
3. Triangle necklace - Urban Outfitters
4. Eila nude gladiators - Shoemint . Clarks has a pair I like as well.
Saturday, 11 May 2013
I am going to try to make this a regular feature ( I know I haven't posted in ages but things have been a bit chaotic at home lately!).
We LOOOOVE books in our house, especially kids' books. Zoe loves reading. She could read an adult size book in an evening if we let her...On the opposite spectrum I haven't read a proper book in years. I get far too involved in the book and end up forgetting everyone and everything else and next thing you know there are no clean dishes, no clean clothes and everyone is eating beans on toast because I forgot to cook or even buy food:(
Elliott enjoys being read stories and asks for three books to be read every night before he goes to bed.
This post is just about books we have enjoyed reading with the kids. I think Zoe will do her own post on books she has enjoyed- it will be on her blog. I will post the link here once she gets round to it.
The first part of this series is books we've loved to read to Elliott and Zoe when they were babies, they are definitely some old time favourites in there and others that were new to us when Elliott came along:
this one mainly for that but I still love the story of the dog wanting to eat a pie.
2. Cute French book about a teddy who lost his teddy. The twist at the end is good:)
3. A classic. Both Zoe and Elliott loved this book and so did we:)
4. Again awesome illustration. This book is part of a series to introduce babies to classics! How cool does the Sherlock Holmes one look!
5. Another classic. I do like interactive book for babies, lots of action things to do with the page etc. That one Elliott decided to show the caterpillar how it's done and actually chewed most of the book:(
6. Elliot got a set as for his first Christmas from nursery and he loved them. Perfect for babies, repetitive with some touching action, love it!
7. Another classic we loved reading this to the kids as babies.
There are so many other books that we loved but what about you guys? What are your favourite baby books?